1. Interesting article on carb loading the "right way" - A few good tips and some misconceptions cleared up. I have to admit before I read up on the subject I did think carb loading just meant eating a large amount of pasta the night before a race. I'm still not doing this exactly the right way, and I'm really bad at hydrating properly, but I'm getting better at both!
2. More benefits from yoga - Interesting article about the possible heart health benefits from yoga. I love yoga already but it's nice to know that it might have some extra benefits I was unaware of.
3. Runners World Boston Marathon coverage - .I was able to watch the Boston Marathon coverage on tv last year since I was home sick from work. This year, I'll have to follow along online but Runner's World is making that a bit easier with live coverage on their website. Plus, there are some interesting preliminary articles already on the site, including a preview of the elite field.
4. Maintaining a healthy weight by moving more - A really interesting article on some science and a hypothesis on maintaining a heavy weight. The essential hypothesis is that if you remain active, your body has an easier time maintaining a balance between calories in and calories out. However, if you're sedentary, your body has a hard time figuring out the balance. I'm not sure of the veracity of this but I know I feel better when I'm active and this is one more reason to try to remain that way.
5. Profile of Shalane Flanagan and her Boston Marathon hopes - Speaking of watching the Boston Marathon last year, I was fascinated by Shalane and Meb. Shalane still has hopes for the Boston Marathon and I'm definitely cheering her on. This profile was a fun read.
And ending with a cat photo, because why not. Here's Perry bonding with a new toy. I have noticed that cat playtime often ends up looking a little violent!
I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend and I hope you guys have a great weekend too :)