Monday, July 21, 2014

Weekly review

Time for another review of my weekly works.  I started out the week with a rest day on Monday and Tuesday was yoga at work.

Wednesday was supposed to be speed work on the track with my training group but I had a meeting and couldn't make it.  I used the elliptical at home after the meeting instead.


Thursday I tried to do the speed work on my own on the treadmill at the gym at work. It went pretty well.  It was 800 meters fast, 400 meters slow, and then another 400 meters even faster than the 800m pace.  There was a 2 minute walk and then repeat the above cycle 2 more times.


Friday was a rest day and Saturday was the Rockville Twilight 8k race.  I ran it with a couple friends and we had a great time! My review of the race will hopefully be up later this week.



I ended the week with yoga at home on Sunday afternoon since I was feeling a bit sore from the race. The yoga really helped my muscles feel a bit better.

I'm not sure of the plan for this week.  I have a family member in New Jersey dealing with some medical problems so I'm going to take a couple days off work to go help out at the end of the week.  The plan is to run on Monday, yoga on Tuesday, and running on the track with the group on Wednesday. Thursday is the day I'm driving up to Jersey so it will probably be a rest day.  I thinking going to try to do yoga on Friday and run on Saturday since Sunday will be the drive back.

I hope you all have a great week!




No comments:

Post a Comment