Friday, August 15, 2014

Friday Five - my weekend

Hi, guys!  It's time for a Friday Five blog post in order to link up with Cynthia, Courtney, and Mar.  Can I tell you how much I love this link up?  I look forward to reading the other entries every week and there's more than 40 people linking up every week now.

This week there is no set theme and everyone is free to write about whichever five things they want.  I have a full and exciting weekend coming up so I thought I'd take a break from running posts and tell you about what I'm looking forward to this weekend.

1. It's Mike's birthday and we're going out to a fancy dinner and a Tori Amos concert. Our love of Tori Amos was one of the first things we bonded over when we met.

2. Dear friends of ours are getting married later this year and are having their bachelor party this weekend.  I'm exited to celebrate with them, especially given that we won't be able to go to their wedding.

3. We decided to go ahead and get a hotel room downtown for the weekend since we have so much to do down there.  I'm looking forward to having the feeling of being on vacation without the hassle of travel.  Staycations for the win!

4. I can't have a post without mentioning running at least once :) Since we're going to be downtown in a hotel Sunday morning, I'm going to take advantage of it and do my long run down by the mall with a friend.  I'm looking forward to running past some iconic DC monuments while catching up.

We did some of our engagement photos down on the mall.

5. This is going into Monday, but I am really excited because we've finally found a contractor we like and feel comfortable with to help us re-do our kitchen.  We're having our second meeting with him Monday evening and getting into more specific plans.

Our kitchen currently has appliances from the 80s, cabinets from the 60s, and peeling floral wallpaper from who know when.

I hope everyone else has a great weekend to look forward to too!

No comments:

Post a Comment