Friday, September 19, 2014

Friday Five favorites

Hi, guys.  I meant to blog more this week but I've been sick since Tuesday night :( Thankfully, I'm beginning to feel a lot better and actually left the bedroom this morning! It's funny how that becomes a big deal when you've been sick for a couple days.  I'm better just in time for the The Friday Five with Mar, Cynthia and Courtney.  


The theme for this week is favorites, which is perfect as I think about all the things I'm thankful for after spending a couple days being sick.

1. Tea - I am so thankful that I had a collection of tea as it has been delightful for my sore throat and helped to make sure I kept drinking fluids. I've been loving this ginger lemon flavor. I used to be a tea snob and think only loose leaf tea was good, but tea bags are so easy! Sometimes you want tea without it being a production.


2. Cozy bedroom - I'm glad that we have a comfortable and cozy bedroom with really nice bedding.  Sometimes I feel like it doesn't make a lot of sense to spend a lot of money on your bedroom when you're asleep most of the time you're there but I really appreciated it this week!

3. Kitties - they seem to have realized that I'm sick because they have been so sweet and affectionate this week. They're fighting even seems to be at a minimum. Not completely gone of course, since they are cats, but they seem to be making an effort for me :)

They also put aside the fighting when there is a common enemy in the form of a squirrel outside the window

4. Books - I would have been so bored for my awake hours if I hadn't had good reading material.  I've really been loving Brandon Sanderson's books lately.  I read his Mistborn series a while ago based on a recommendation from my brother and since then I've read Steelheart and am working my way through The Way of Kings.  They've all been really good and they all have a very distinct feel. I also love e-books because you can get new reading material without having to leave the house!



5. And of course, I'm thankful for my hubby.  He's made sure I have actual food for dinner (I had pop tarts for breakfast and lunch yesterday because that's all the effort I felt capable of) and has taken charge of packing up the kitchen for the start of our renovation next week. I would definitely have been much worse off this week without him.

I hope you've all been having a much better week thank I have. I haven't worked out at all this week but am hoping to maybe be able to do some gentle yoga today to get my body used to moving again and maybe a short run tomorrow if I'm better.  

No comments:

Post a Comment