Monday, September 29, 2014

Weekly Review

So I had a pretty good workout week in contrast to last week :) Not being sick definitely helped.  There was no knee pain!  Since my long run didn't work out that well last week I decided to just concentrate on shorter runs this week.  I figure that this close to the 10 miler, additional long runs aren't actually helping that much.  And since I've gotten one 10 miler in I know I can do it.

Monday - Yoga

Tuesday - Rest

Wednesday - I was planning to meet my training group.  Instead of meeting at the track this week, they were planning to meet at a local trail and do hill repeats.  But it was supposed to rain starting Wednesday evening and I didn't want to risk not being able to run in case the rain started early.  So I decided to go run on my own in the neighborhood.  And we have hills here so I just did about a 1mile warm up and then did a couple hill repeats.


Thursday - I ran on the treadmill at the gym.

Friday - Rest day

Saturday - I had signed up for a 5k out in Virgina with a friend.  It was a fun community race and I'll put up a re-cap a bit later.  It was out in Clifton so my friend and I decided to just stay out at a hotel near the race Friday night so we had a nice little girl's night to catch up before the race.  We kept the alcohol in moderation. Saturday morning, I got up and ran on the treadmill at the hotel and then we went out to the 5k.  We had a great time and the run went well.


 
Sunday - I did yoga in the morning and then we went to the Renaissance Festival again so lots of walking.  I also did some strength training in the evening. 

So the plan for this week is running on Monday, yoga on Tuesday, running on Wednesday, rest on Thursday and Friday and then my first 10 mile race on Saturday!  I've got to fit in packing at some point too since this will be my first racecation.

I hope you all have a great week too!

No comments:

Post a Comment