Monday, October 27, 2014

Weekly review

This wasn't a stellar workout week in terms of volume but the work outs I did have went well.  For some reason I've felt really tired and wiped out this week. But I did get in two runs.

Monday - rest
Tuesday - rest
Wednesday - rest
Thursday - yay, finally managed to work out!  I ran on the treadmill at the gym after work. This went ok but I was exhausted afterward :(


Friday - rest
Saturday - 13.1 mile run!  I ended up doing the last 3/4 of a mile as a cool down walk because my calves really tightened up.  But other than that last bit, I was really happy with how this run went.  And I was back on the Capitol Crescent Trail. I started toward the middle of the trail, ran north for about 3 miles and then back, stopped to refill water and grab my sunglasses from the car, and then went south for 3 miles to Georgetown and back. Then I did just a bit extra to get to 13.1.  



It was a little tough at the end but I kept myself going by promising myself goodies from Panera afterward if I finished.



Sunday - lots of walking when we went down to spectate at the Marine Corps Marathon and icing and foam rolling when we got home.

I've got to do better about fitting in yoga and strength training this week.  My first half marathon is in three weeks and I've got to keep up with my core and hip exercises.  I hope you all had a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment