Monday, December 22, 2014

Weekly review - RnR DC week 1

I am happy to report that I finally had some good runs this week!  I may have just needed to acclimate to the cold and get back into it.  I also stuck with the plan to run by feel this week and not to worry about pace too much.

Monday - rest day

Tuesday - about 50 minutes on the elliptical (I took a mid workout break to go pick Mike up from the metro)


Wednesday - my first track run with the MCRRC half marathon training group.  We did a 2 mile warm up run in the neighborhood and then 4 400s and 1 800 with a half lap recovery in between each set.  I felt good, even during the speed work, and didn't need my inhaler afterward.



Thursday - rest day since sadly my foot was hurting again :(

Friday - rest day

Saturday - strength training with jumping jacks mixed in the get my heart rate up

Sunday - my first long run with the group.  It was 9 miles (I started the garmin a bit late) and I felt good for most of it.  Sadly, my foot did start hurting again though.  Hopefully it's better next week.  Also, I really like this group so far.  They had a mid run water stop set up with some snacks (dried fruit, pretzels, etc.) and post run food that included spinach lasagna!

I might try to get a bit more rest in this week if the foot doesn't start feeling better.  The problem is that it feels better after a couple days but then starts swelling and hurting again the next time I run.  I hope you all had a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment