Friday, January 16, 2015

Friday Five - things in my travel bag

Yay, it's Friday and that means it's time for the Friday Five link up with Mar, Courtney and Cynthia.  I love this link up, there are so many great bloggers that participate and it's always interesting to check out.  This week's theme is "what's in my gym bag."  My upcoming trip to India has been on my mind so I'm going to talk about 5 things that I always take with me when traveling so that I'm ready to run during the trip.

1.  The bag!  I always take a separate carry on size bag for my running gear so that it is all easy to find and also so that I don't have to worry about the airlines losing it.  I got an Apera bag for Christmas and I love it so far.  It's the perfect size to use for a work/gym bag since it fits my computer as well as my gym gear but it's still small enough to use as a carry on and fit under the seat in front of me on a plane.

2.  My Ipad -  There are times when I'm running on a treadmill in the hotel gym and being able to watch Netflix on my Ipad helps make it bearable.

3.  A water bottle -  I always take my handheld water bottle with me so that I'm ready for either a run outside or a run on the treadmill.



4.  My armpocket - I never run outside without my phone, and this is even more important when running in an unfamiliar area.  I went accidentally trail running when visiting family in New Jersey and my phone was helpful in finding my way back to the paved area!  I love the armpocket as an easy and comfortable way to carry my phone on the run.

Perry modeling my armpocket.

5.  Recovery tools - I love to have comfortable, supportive shoes to change into after a run.  And right now due to the muscle strain in my foot, I always need to wear comfortable supportive shoes.  Even if I'm just lounging around in a hotel room.  So my Oofos recovery sandals go everywhere with me as does my travel foam roller.  I feel so much better when I can roll out my calves and quads as they tend to be tight.  And if I'm on vacation and plan to be walking around doing a lot of sight-seeing, it is so much easier without tight muscles!



I hope everyone has a great weekend planned!  I'm looking forward to a post-holiday party for Mike's office.  It tends to always be a good time and it's at the building museum this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment