Monday, January 19, 2015

Weekly Review RnR DC - Week 5

This week was a mixed bag.  I did 7 miles for my long run last weekend which felt ok but then spent a couple hours at Dave and Busters.  I think the combined time on my feet made my foot with the strained muscle unhappy.  So there were a lot of rest days at the beginning of the week.

Monday - rest day

Tuesday - rest day

Wednesday - rest day

Thursday - 50 minutes on the elliptical


Friday - strength training routine from the running coach.  This was tough, especially the mountain climbers which I'd never done before. It left my right calf feeling really tight for some reason.


Saturday - rest day

Sunday - yoga from Runners World

Monday - since this was a long weekend, I'm including Monday in this week's workouts. I met up with a friend and got in an almost 7 mile run.  We went to a shopping center by her house that has a mile loop around a lake.  It went well and my foot feels ok so far so fingers crossed that it's fine tomorrow as well. I'm planning to ice it this evening and foam roll my calf since it's still tight.



The plan for this week, as long as the foot cooperates, is yoga on Tuesday, running at the track on Wednesday, yoga on Thursday, running on Friday, strength training on Saturday and 8 mile run on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment