Monday, January 26, 2015

Weekly Review RnR DC - Week 6

I hope everyone had a great weekend!  Mine was busy, tiring, but a lot of fun!  The work outs went ok this week.  Monday was counted as my long run for last week.  Here's the rest of this week.

Tuesday - lunchtime yoga class at work.  She concentrated a lot on core and leg strength, which was great,

Wednesday - this was supposed to be speed work on the track but the public schools cancelled evening activities due to weather.  This meant no lights on the track so our group workout was cancelled.  I ended up on the elliptical instead.


Thursday - rest day

Friday - I was having a hard time motivating myself to go out on a run and by the time I did, the rain started :( I ended up on the elliptical instead.


Saturday - Jillian Michaels yoga and lots of house cleaning plus cooking for a party at our place. It was great to catch up with friends and I experimented with some cooking that went over well.

Sunday - My plan was to do an 8-9 mile run.  The group was doing 12 miles starting about 3 miles north of my house and turning back about 3 miles south of our house on the Rock Creek trail.  There is an entrance to the trail about a mile from my house.  So I figured I'd run the 6 miles out with them and run only 3 miles back and then bail out to walk home.  My pace was a bit slower than I wanted but there were a lot of places we had to go slow because of icy and muddy patches on the path.  I stepped into icy puddles a couple times :(


Overall, the run went well.  The walk home was not so good.  I didn't think it through and it turned out to be a bad idea to walk home.  It was just a bit more than a mile but I was freezing and it took more than 30 minutes since my muscles kept tightening up from the cold. Plus my feet were freezing from stepping in the puddles earlier.

But overall, I'm happy with the way today went, especially considering I haven't run since Monday and this is 2 miles more than I ran my last long run.  The strained muscle in my foot is a little tender but no worse than usual.  My calves are a little tight but I think some foam rolling should take care of that.

This week, the plan is for a rest day on Monday, yoga on Tuesday, speed work on Wednesday (as long as the schools don't close again), treadmill run on Thursday, yoga on Friday, rest on Saturday and 9-10 mile run on Sunday.  Hopefully the weather will cooperate but it looks like we might be getting more snow.

I hope everyone has a great week and stays warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment