Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Tasty Tuesday - Indian Spiced Cashews

Last week I talked about the healthy dips we made for a party.  One of the other things I made was some spiced cashews.  This was super easy and tasted amazing.  And the best part is that you really can tailor it to your choice of spices based on your tastes and what you have on hand.

A spice blend I always have on hand is garam masala.  It's an Indian spice blend which contains things like cinnamon, cloves, and peppercorns.

I mixed together 2 cups of cashew with 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil, 1 tablespoon of garam masala, 1 teaspoon of sugar and 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika.  I also added about a teaspoon of salt.  Mix together until the cashews are well coated and spread on a baking pan.


Bake in 325 degree oven for 30 minutes, taking the pan out to mix every 10 minutes.


We also had a cheese plate and a fruit plate out to round out our party offerings.


I'm linking up with Lean Lena for Tasty Tuesday and will be linking up with Deborah and Tina for Meatless Mondays.

No comments:

Post a Comment