Friday, May 15, 2015

Friday Five - random things

Wow, this is my first post of the week.  Things have been a bit busy this week but I thought I'd pop in and at least provide a quick update of random things going on in my life for the Friday Five with Mar, Courtney and Cynthia.


1.  I have a new niece that was born this week!  They live in New Jersey so I won't get to meet her right away but we'll drive up later this Summer to meet her and begin the process of spoiling her :)

2.  We're going camping over Memorial Day weekend so some of this week and last weekend were taken up with preparing for the camping trip, making sure we have all our gear ready, etc.

3.  I'm back to running this week and looking forward to the Semper Fi 5k tomorrow. They have a new course which seems logistically more challenging but hopefully fun to run on.  I loved this 5k last year but I have high hopes that I'll love the new course too.  The weather is supposed to be hot and humid but the rain is supposed to hold off until the afternoon and hopefully the heat won't be too bad in the morning.

Smiles after we all got PRs at last year's Semper Fi 5k

4.  I'm signed up for the Fit Foodie 5k!  I talked some girlfriends into making a weekend of it so we're getting a hotel room in Virginia for the weekend as well.  I'm looking forward to a fun race and good catch up time with friends.

5.  I spent some time last weekend gardening and will do some more this weekend.  I planted some herbs and will be planting some veggies this weekend.  Perry seems to be overly fond of the herbs though.

Hopefully I'll have some left after Perry's done with them!

The other thing I've been occupied with this week is basketball!  The Washington Wizards have been doing well in the playoffs and I've been enjoying watching the games, but some of them have been too close for comfort.  We lost a close game earlier this week but I've got my fingers crossed for today's game.

I hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment