Friday, June 19, 2015

Friday Five - things making me happy right now

It's Friday!  This week has seemed like it has taken forever to go by for some reason.  But it's almost time for the weekend, and that means time for the Friday Five link up with Cynthia, Courtney and Mar.  The theme this week is things that make us happy.  So here we go.



1. Lifting heavy or not?  This article from Runner's World made me happy because I've been doing things like barre or body weight resistance exercises and not really lifting heavy weights.  I've read some articles about how that's just not good enough so I was happy to see this article that said they're not the same, but both are good as long as you're working your muscles to exhaustion. 

2.  Training plan - I haven't been following a training plan since the Rock and Roll Half in March.  I've been running as I feel like, and doing a lot of 5ks and a couple 10ks.  I've also managed a couple 5k PRs in this time.  But I'm going to start training for the Wine and Dine Half Marathon in July and I think this little break has been good for me because I am excited to be following a training plan again!

3.  Running Hills - Not something I've been doing enough of and I know I have to incorporate it more into my training, especially for next year's Rock and Roll Half in DC.  But I don't really enjoy hills.  So I was happy to see this article, also from Runner's World, about other exercises that can result in improved hill running.  I know they won't be enough on their own, but I will take any help I can get. 

4. Fit Foodie 5k - Speaking of 5ks, I have another one this weekend!  I heard a lot of good things about this race from last year so I'm looking forward to it, especially because I got a hotel room in Virgina with some friends and we're making a little girls weekend out of it.

5. Cruise time - This one isn't fitness related, but I am getting very excited about the cruise Mike and I will be on in September.  It's still a while away but it's close enough that it's time to start booking things and making plans.  And planning vacation things makes me happy :)



And because even the Washington Post agrees that internet cats make everyone happy, here is a picture of Perry being cute.  I hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment