Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Wine and Dine Half Marathon training - week 6

Oops, I forgot to post my weekly review yesterday.  Better late than never :) I had a decent work out week and here are the details.

Monday - rest day

Tuesday - last run with my previous running group, we celebrated with a run through the neighborhood instead of running on the track.  And we ended the run in front of Ben & Jerry's, so there was some additional celebration there :)



Wednesday - strength training at the gym.  I started with a 20 minute warm up on the elliptical and then went into the weight training routine the trainer gave me at the gym orientation session.


Thursday - unplanned rest day.  My knee had been hurting and I was debating whether or not to do my treadmill run.  I decided to go ahead and do it and went to the gym after work.  I changed into my gym clothes and then realized that I had forgotten my shoes at home.  I decided that this was a sign from the universe that I should rest my knee so that's what I did.

Friday - Body pump class at the gym.  This is the first time I had taken a weights class and I really enjoyed it.  The teacher was high energy and entertaining and the class was challenging without being overwhelming.


Saturday - Met some friends for a run on the C&O Canal tow path.  It was a beautiful morning, temperatures in the 60s though still humid, and a pretty trail.  I really enjoyed this run.  It was a cut back week in my training plan so only 4 miles, so I decided to try to hit negative splits again and did it!



Sunday - Another rest day since my knee was still hurting.

So I got in 2 good runs and 2 good strength training days,  and I'm pretty happy with that.  I'm hoping the knee is better this week.  The plan for this week is strength training today, running on the track Wednesday, running on the treadmill Thursday, strength training Friday, a MCRRC 8k +3 extra miles Saturday morning and hopefully a day trip to a local beach on Sunday.

I hope everyone else had a great week last week too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment