Monday, August 24, 2015

Wine and Dine Half Marathon training - week 7

I hope everyone had a great week!  Mine was really busy at work, hence the lack of much posting last week.  But I still had a good workout week as well and fit in some fun :) Without further ado, here's my summary.

Monday - rest day

Tuesday - body pump class plus 15 minutes on the elliptical since it was only a 45 minute class and I had allotted an hour for the gym.


Wednesday - Track work.  I did one 1600, one 800 and two 400's. It was hot at the beginning since we got there early, but I'm glad we did since the track was very crowded this week.  Oh, and I said we because this was the first day of Mike's 5k training program so he was there too.


Thursday - My knee was feeling tight again so I went to a yoga class at the gym and postponed my run until Friday.

Friday - running on the treadmill


Saturday - 7 mile run. 1 mile warm up, Eastern County 8k, and 1 mile cool down. This was a beautiful location but I didn't love the course.  I'll talk about it more later this week. The rest of the day was running errands and attending a baby shower for some wonderful friends.


Sunday - 1.9 mile walk while Mike was running with his running group.  We then drove down to one of the bay beaches and had a lovely, relaxing day floating in the bay and exploring around the boardwalk.

I came across a random soccer game on my walk so watched that for a bit of entertainment

The beach was peaceful and quiet in the morning but got pretty crowded in the afternoon

So that was our week.  I hope you all had a great week too!

No comments:

Post a Comment