Monday, August 31, 2015

Wine and Dine Half Marathon Training - week 8

This week was kind of eh for training.  The last couple weeks had gone really well though so I was probably due for some hiccups in the road, especially given our travel over the weekend.  Hopefully next week will be back on track :)

Monday - rest day

Tuesday - unscheduled rest day since I had a headache that sent me home from work early.

Wednesday - some time running at the track.  It was really crowded again but we're moving to a different track this week and hopefully that will help.  I did a 1600 and four 400's. It was hot but I felt happy with my times.



Thursday - Running a 5k on the treadmill at the gym. 

Friday - Body Pump class.  I up'ed the weights and definitely felt it in my chest and back the following day.


And since we had some time to kill at the airport, I did some extra walking while we were there.


Saturday - We had traveled to Ohio to visit with family.  So this was a planned rest day with lots of time spent hanging out with family and friends.


Sunday - I had planned to do an 8 mile run in the morning at a park near my parent's house.  Sadly, we woke up to some storms.  So we went to the gym instead and I did a run on the treadmill.  It was only 3.5 miles because we had limited time before we were expected back at the house.  I'll shift some things around on my training plan to compensate and it should be fine.


So that was my week.  While I didn't quite get in all the mileage I was supposed to, at least I got three runs, which was the plan for the week.  And I'm still really enjoying body pump class.  I hope you guys all had a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment