Wednesday, November 25, 2015

What's next?

Well, I'm done with my major races for the year and not currently training for anything.  So what's next for me in terms of running? 

I'm planning on a couple small races between now and the end of the year.  I'm not signed up for a Turkey Trot since I'm going to be at my parents' place in Ohio for Thanksgiving, though I am hoping to get a 5k in on my own Thursday morning.  I am signed up for Pacer's Jingle All the Way 5k the first weekend of December.  I'm really looking forward to that one since it was a lot of fun last year.  I loved all the costumes people came up with.

Last year's Jingle All the Way 5k

I'm also planning on the MCRRC's Jingle Bell Jog.  It is close to my house, their last low key race of the year, and free for club members, so why not?  I missed this one last year because of the flu so I'm looking forward to experiencing it this year.

And then, I start training again.  My next big race is going to be Rock and Roll DC again in March.  I signed up right after last year's race so was able to register for $50.  I really loved the course and am excited to give this one a try again.  

 Running through the rain at last year's RnR DC Half

Even more exciting, I've talked two of my friends into running it as their first half marathon!  So the plan is for the three of us to train together through the Winter. We're using one of Hal Higdon's beginner half marathon training plans and I'm really looking forward to doing their first half marathon with them.

So that's the plan for now.  A couple weeks off and then back to training.  I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment