Monday, April 25, 2016

Weekly Review

I had a pretty good week, but it was busy.  And my rest days ended up being at the beginning of the week again so all my workouts were concentrated toward the end.  But, I got in everything I wanted to get in so that's a positive.

Monday- rest day

Tuesday - rest day

Wednesday - Body pump and 15 minute warm up on the elliptical.  I pushed it again and I think I was sore until Saturday!

Thursday - 40 minutes on the elliptical at the gym


Friday - Runner's World yoga essentials. I had meant to get to body pump but couldn't get away from work to make it to class.  So I did a yoga video instead.  It was probably a good thing since I was still a bit sore.

Saturday - Ben's Run 5k with a 1.5 mile warm up before the race (full review later this week)


Sunday - 30 minute run before my volunteer shift at the Pike's Peek 10k.


I ran this race last year and had a bad experience (totally my own fault for not checking the weather report ahead of time) so I decided to just volunteer this year.  I was placed at bag check at the finish line so the job consisted of setting up the area, organizing the bags in numerical order once the trucks arrived, and then handing them out to runners as they came up.  It was super organized and there were just the right amount of volunteers.  Everything went so smoothly and it was a great experience. Plus, I got a lot of steps running back and forth to get the bags :)  I had around 5,000 steps when I started and around 12,000 when I finished.

My other bit of fun on Sunday was we went out for pub trivia with friends in the evening.  We ended up getting 3rd place, which meant we got to choose one of the categories for next week's trivia.  Which means we have to go back next week!

This week is going to be a bit tough to get in a lot of work outs because I have family visiting from out of town but I'm going to try my best and see what happens.  I'm linking up   with HoHoRuns and MissSippiPiddlin for their Weekly Wrap.

 http://hohoruns.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment